Singapore
Last Login:
3 Feb 2013
Date Joined:
19 Jul 2008
Member Offline View Profile
Posted on: 24 Jan 2011 10:58PM    Reply     

This is an open discussion thread for the news First Look: Ferrari Four FF

The official Prancing Horse web site, Ferrari.com, has revealed the first photographs of the new FF, the companyís most powerful, versatile four-seater ever, as well as its first ever four-wheel drive car.

The official Prancing Horse web site, Ferrari.com, has revealed the first photographs of the new FF, the companyís most powerful, versatile four-seater ever, as well as its first ever four-wheel drive car.

The FF - an acronym for Ferrari Four (four seats and four-wheel drive) - ushers in an entirely new GT sports car concept. A decisive break with the past, the new car represents not so much an evolution as a true revolution.

This new V12 melds to an unprecedented level an extremely sporty, high-performance character with incredible versatility, superb comfort and sophisticated elegance, guaranteeing both driver and passengers an absolutely unique driving experience.

Designed by Pininfarina, the shape and proportions perfectly interpret the FFís harmonious blend of sporting DNA and extraordinary usability.

The FF features the companyís first ever four-wheel drive system. Ferrariís exclusive, patented 4RM (four-wheel drive) weighs 50 per cent less than a conventional four-wheel drive system, maintaining perfect weight distribution (53 per cent over the rear axle). Completely integrated with the carís electronic dynamic control systems, the four-wheel drive technology delivers record levels of performance on all terrains and in all conditions via continuous and intelligent predictive torque distribution to all four wheels. The FF is also equipped with the latest magnetorheological damping system (SCM3), as well as the most recent development in carbon-ceramic brakes from Brembo.

Exceptional performance levels come courtesy of the new 6,262 cc direct injection engine which develops 660 CV at 8,000 rpm. In tandem with its transaxle dual-clutch F1 gearbox, stunning acceleration figures (0-100 km/h in 3.7 sec.) are guaranteed. The new modelís class-leading weight-to-power ratio of 2.7 kg/CV, along with its ideal weight distribution, ensures exceptionally responsive handling. The result is that owners will be able to enjoy the FFís prowess over a wide range of uses: city driving, on low grip or snow-covered surfaces and on the track.

Performance aside, Maranelloís latest model also offers standards of passenger space, comfort, in-car spec and equipment previously unheard of in such a high-performance car. It can comfortably accommodate four people and their luggage, thanks to the best cabin space and boot capacity (450 litres extendable to 800) figures in its category, including four-door cars.

A vast array of personalisation options and accessories has been developed for the FF. These include six model-specific exterior colours and sumptuous interior trim incorporating specially selected and treated aniline leather.

The FF, which will make its official debut in occasion of the upcoming Geneva Motor Show, is presented today with the first three photos from a dedicated shoot by Giovanni Gastel.
WD45
5th Gear
North, Singapore
Last Login:
29 Aug 2012
Posted on: 24 Jan 2011 8:30PM    Reply    

Getting into the Porsche Panamera market?
edlaz
5th Gear
Singapore
Last Login:
14 Dec 2013
Posted on: 24 Jan 2011 8:38PM    Reply    

WindTurbine
2nd Gear
Singapore
Last Login:
28 Sep 2011
Posted on: 25 Jan 2011 12:40PM    Reply    

Personally, I have a soft spot for odd-ball cars like these, not sure if it will be an 'Epic failure' as other post mentioned.

But I do find cars like this Ferrari, the old BMW Z3 coupe, bits of the Z4 coupe, or further into the history, the MGB coupe, or loosely, the Jaguar E-type - ie, those long bonnet hatch, with a cliff like drop towards the tail - incredibly sexy.

Do not ask me why though... though maybe i would say it could be precisely because not everybody will be able to appreciate it - that I find these cars compelling.
Wombat_VC
1st Gear
Singapore
Last Login:
5 Sep 2013
Posted on: 25 Jan 2011 3:16PM    Reply    

That evil grin of a devil (look at the frontal pic)!

Looks like Ferrari has finally given in to market forces.
wilswong
Formula One
Singapore
Last Login:
3 Feb 2013
Posted on: 25 Jan 2011 7:56PM    Reply    

I think it is precisely due to the success of the Panamera that Ferrari seen the potential. At least it is a four seater with 2 doors, not a four seater with four doors so it does keep its sports car looks unlike the Porsche. From the looks, it will win hearts and more importantly, cash from the rich families.
alastair
Rookie
Singapore
Last Login:
12 May 2011
Posted on: 26 Jan 2011 11:53AM    Reply    

haha agree with edlaz it kinda looks like the 250GT but... meaner looking
maxil
Rookie
Singapore
Last Login:
8 Apr 2011
Posted on: 26 Jan 2011 1:31PM    Reply    

I'd love to be at the front wheel of the FF. Er... but what'd it feel like to be in the back of a 660bhp ferrari?
WD45
5th Gear
North, Singapore
Last Login:
29 Aug 2012
Posted on: 26 Jan 2011 1:39PM    Reply    

Actually it's not bad looking. The tail lights and exhaust pipes looks kick-ass.
edlaz
5th Gear
Singapore
Last Login:
14 Dec 2013
Posted on: 26 Jan 2011 9:11PM    Reply    

In the spirit of Audi's knocking ad of the R8 strolling through Maranello, here's a slightly used R8 that just popped up on pre-owned. Lelong lelong $50,000 off.
http://www.oneshift.com/used_cars/ads_detail.php?adid=4008
WindTurbine
2nd Gear
Singapore
Last Login:
28 Sep 2011
Posted on: 27 Jan 2011 7:31PM    Reply    

Edlaz... i saw one R8, exactly the same... and extremely loud, including visually loud, sound like its got striaght through exhaust... at sengkang, dun tell me you bought it already.. haha
<<Back Post a Reply
Go to: