Naturally Aspirated vs Turbocharged vs Supercharged vs Twincharged Engines

Oneshift Editorial Team
13 Dec 2013

Introduction

All car engines need air, fuel and a spark to run, but how that is achieved runs the gamut. There is quite the debate that has been raging for some time about whether naturally aspirated, turbocharged or supercharged engines are the best method for automotive excellence. Each method comes with its own set of benefits and drawbacks, so before you make up your mind it’s important to understand the good and the bad of each.

Naturally Aspirated (NA) Engines

Naturally aspirated engines draw air into the engine through an air intake, which depends on creating a vacuum to feed air into the engine’s intake manifold as needed. The only way to increase airflow to a naturally aspirated engine is to either replace the stock air filter with one that is less restrictive or to install a high-flow aftermarket air intake. The benefit of a naturally aspirated engine is that they are in general more reliable than forced induction engines, or engines that rely on a turbo or supercharger. The big drawback is that to have a high-output naturally aspirated car usually means having a large, heavy and gas guzzling engine.

The system was very easy to use and the dealer very reliable. Price transacted was same as bid. The whole transaction was completed in 2 days. I will recommend Oneshift Swiftquote!

Richard Lee - 23 hours ago

Swiftquote team kept me posted on my interest to sell my vehicle and within 3 days. I have found a buyer that bought my vehicle much more than i expected to sell. I have also introduced this service to my friends too.

VR Sooria - 23 hours ago

Thank you for all your efforts so that I am able to sell my cars at good price. Your service is really outstanding. Thank you again.

Mr Lee - 23 hours ago

Quick and no fuss service. Received the best quote within my asking price in less than 3 days. Swiftquote dealer is professional and all transactions were hassle free. Highly recommended!

Jimmy Lee - 23 hours ago

Very polite, professional and pleasant to speak and discuss. Fast and satisfactory result. Thank you.

Mohd Yusman - 3 days ago

Fast and easy. Thanks for the hard work! thumbs up on speeding up the process for me!

Tan Eng Lee - 4 days ago

Straight forward transactions, no need to worry too much on hand, they quote, you accept, then send to buyer to view your car, accept offer, that's it. Simple as that. No hassle in between.

LIM CHIN WEI - 6 days ago

We sold our Toyota Picnic through SwiftQuote. They got the best price for us and the transaction was completed smoothly & efficiently. I will give them 5 stars and refer to my friends & relatives to sell their car through SwiftQuote. Thanks again for yr great service. Juliana Fox

Juliana - 1 week ago

Engaged by the dealer almost right away after being notified of the quote for my car. Speedy replies and transaction.

Linda Na - 1 week ago