More than skin deep

Story by Yang Photos by Lamborghini and Yang
23 Nov 2011

Local distributor Eurosports has just started delivery of the 1.5 million dollar supercar to its well-heeled owners. Lucky guy Yang had the enviable chance to unleash all 700bhp on the Shanghai international circuit recently…

Bull run

While the Lamborghini Aventador LP-700-4 is a sight to behold, its beauty is more than skin deep. Yes, the signature scissors doors and gapping intakes will take most people’s breath away, but underneath the gorgeous aluminium skin, its carbon fibre monocoque equipped with state-of-the art push-rod suspension is more commonly found in F1 cars.

At the LP700-4 dynamic launch in Shanghai, Lamborghini brought along a rolling chassis in white (or in this case black) to showcase its chassis technology. Thanks to the carbon fibre construction, the Aventador weighs just 1575kg.  That coupled with the push-rod suspension, gives the Aventador excellent road manners on the road and yet exhibit good roll control at the track. The high-tech suspension might be non-adjustable but the same can’t be said of the automated-manual gearbox.

Inside the cabin, there are three buttons to choose different modes – Strada, Sport and Corsa. And these affect the gearbox shift speed as well as the engine mapping, ESP and torque distribution. In Strada (or road), the gearbox shifts at 120ms which is slower than a double-clutch gearbox but way faster than say an automated manual like Alfa’s Selespeed. In Sport, shift times and engine mapping remain the same but the ESP watchdog is dialled back a notch. In the most extreme Corsa setting, the shifts times are reduced to 50ms (close to an F1 car), the power delivery is remapped, and the torque split for the four-wheel drive systems goes from 20:80 front:rear to 40:60! This is apparently to allow more traction out of corners but require a smoother and more precise driving style…

Car Loan Calculator - Lamborghini Aventador LP

POA

Based on OMV, this car is eligible for minimum 40% down payment

It was a fuss-free experience to sell car via this platform. So glad that it linked us up with Chris from Ideal Automobile who was very responsive and approachable. Thanks for a great experience!

Yeo Chia Rou - 3 days ago

I called a few agents and I'm glad I got the hugest offer from SwiftQuote.

Ms. Esther - 5 days ago

Swift response, selling was breeze as price was right. . Thanks Vin and boss for assisting.

Ho En Lai Raymond - 1 week ago

Hey there , thank you for the quotation , was a fast and quick deal , car was hand over within a week , smooth process , got the price I wanted. Thank You. Will Definetly look forward in selling more cars in time to come.

Kevin - 1 week ago

First time using this service. Manage to get a good offer on my car within days. Fast response time and great experience with swiftquote Thanks!

Ivan Ng Meng Song - 1 week ago

Simple, Fast, Transparent and most importantly you get the best deal from a wider exposure for free.

Chan - 2 weeks ago

Fast and high quote but somehow dealers like to give high quote to get appointment, meet up expecting us to give discount.

Rachel Sim - 2 weeks ago

I swear by that this service is worth your time and effort, compared to other sites, I got the highest offer from SQ and the transaction is very smooth with the dealer. Dealer is sincere and quick too!!

Al Hazmi - 3 weeks ago

SwiftQuote helped me get the highest possible price for my car, when many dealers around were low-balling me. Very impressed with their response time and how fast I managed to sell my car. The dealer that bought my car was also very genuine and it was a fuss free process, 10/10 would recommend.

Santhosh Haridass - 3 weeks ago

Very efficient , i sold my car in 3 days after register with SwiftQuote. would recomend to all buyer to use it.

Lim Leong Boon - 3 weeks ago

Engine

Engine Capacity 6498cc
Engine Type V 12
Power 699bhp @ 8250rpm
Torque 690Nm @ 5500rpm
Power to Weight 443.8 bhp per ton

Performance

Acceleration 2.9s (0-100 km/h)
Top Speed 350 km/h
Fuel Consumption (combined) 5.8 km/L

Misc Technical Data

Transmission 7 -speed Robotized Lamborghini Independent Shifting Rod (ISR)
Drive Type R4