Similar cars tried:
Lancer EX 1.5, Toyota Altis 1.6 2008 Model.
Still running in the engine, currently mileage is around 1500+ km. First 3 tanks have seen improvement in FC. Driving profile is about 50% Highway / 50% Urban.
Tank 1: 9.8km/l
Tank 2: 10.1km/l
Tank 3: 10.5km/l
Duration of car driven:
Less than 1 month
The Lancer EX 2.0 GT 6CVT is a cruiser rather than a sprinter. Dun expect super fast acceleration at the traffic lights (although some YouTube videos show it doing 0-100km/h in 9 seconds). The CVT is great if you like a real quiet and smooth ride. It's tall final gearing coupled with the reasonably torquey engine can have you cruising silently above the speed limit on expressways at < 2K rpm.
The engine note between 2000-2500 rpm is quite uninspiring and can be sometimes annoying. Reason is that it sounds (and vibrates) like a cow! However, things gets much better when the rpms hit 3000 and above. The max torque comes on around 4000 rpm. Switch over to the 6-speed sports mode and keep the revs up if you want to have some fun.
The interior is spacious and modern. There are 2 choices of interior, the "black" and the "beige" which is actually a two-tone combination of black and orange leather. Personally I prefer the "black".
Overall, the Lancer EX 2.0 GT 6CVT comes in a very well appointed package:
1. Aggressive bodykit with large spoiler and 18" rims.
2. Auto headlights
3. Auto wipers
4. HID headlights
5. Adaptive Front Lighting (lights shine in the direction of turning)
6. Rockford Fosgate 9-speaker sound system with AUX input for MP3 player
7. Steering wheel audio control
8. Steering wheel cruise control
9. Keyless entry and ignition
10. Trip/FC display meter
11. Sport seats
12. Generous amount of leather (including door panels, gearknob and steering wheel)
13. Bluetooth handsfree speaker kit
14. Rikecool Solar Film (ask your sales agent!)
15. Steering wheel paddle shifters (6-speed CVT)
16. Chrome exhaust tip
17. Chilled glove box
For SGD70K+ I don't think there are many (if any) made in Japan 2.0 litre sedans with that many features.
Good looks, well appointed interior and specifications.
Uninspiring engine note (sounds like a cow) at 2000-2500rpm. Noise insulation could be better.