I took delivery of my SLK350 two months ago and have nothing but bad experiences. It's truly disappointing when I have always though M-B was top of its class.
1. On the day I took delivery of the car, the wheels was muddy. I thought I should not be too fussy as it can be washed
2. A few mins after I took the car, it started raining. After it stopped, I noticed the headlights were foggy. I was then told by C&C that it is not unusual after a heavy rain. That just doesn't sound right to me. Clearly there's a leak somewhere
3. I then noticed the left console was loose
4. There's an irritating rattling noise from the middle of the console, but I can locate it
5. Took it back to the workshop and they couldn't fix the lights as they have to run tests so need more than a day
6. The repaired the left console -- I asked why and the guy said they didn't fix it back properly after they fix the ERP reader.
7. Couldn't do anything about the noise as it was raining and probably can't hear it
8. Send the car back the second time -- this time for a week and a half
9. They didn't fix the lights as they have to order the stock -- so I have to wait
10. They can't locate the noise coming out of the middle console, instead, they fix something that when you hit 60kmh, there's a noise.
11. I told them I hated the whole experience and would like C&C to make me a deal. Clearly this is a defective car. Offered to exchange it for the lower price C350 Coupe
12. No news from them until I wrote to M-B SEA CEO. C&C then offered to take back my car at list price less $60K and sell me the C350 coupe at the list price -- not much of a dea!
13. I now noticed my car swayed to the left at higher speed -- and C&C Sr. Manager said there's no way they can test that.
It has nothing but a pain. M-B may build good cars, but this one is not and C&C clearly has not interest in protecting the M-B brand experience. They are only driven financially.
If only Singapore has a Lemon Law! These bullies need to be stopped!!
Excellent engine with great acceleration at high end.
Bad C&C service (mud on the wheels when I took delivery of the car); headlights fogged after rain; rattling noises in the middle console, poor workmanship, car sways at high speed
anthony, did you buy from C&C/Republic Auto used? very strange (& shocking indeed if) it's supposedly built brand new!
i can agree to monopolised service - snubbing when i went in last yr intending to order SLK350 but left (for other German makes) when ah beng salesman in showroom thought less of me when i indicated was trading in my V8 4.3L convertible.. asdzds