February to 3 March 2013.
The all-new Jaguar F-TYPE represents a return to the company’s heartland: a two-seater, convertible sports car focused on performance, agility and driver involvement. The F-TYPE is a continuation of a sporting bloodline that stretches back more than 75 years and encompasses some of the most beautiful, thrilling and desirable cars ever built.
ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW
01. The F-TYPE is an all-new, two-seater, Jaguar sports car
02. A front-engined, rear-wheel drive convertible, the F-TYPE is engineered to deliver pure dynamic driving reward and stunning performance
03. Visually, the F-TYPE’s exterior demonstrates a new sports car design language for Jaguar, with cleaner lines delivered through the discreet use of technology such as deployable spoiler and door handles
04. The F-TYPE’s interior features a driver-focused philosophy, with engaging controls encased in dramatic architecture. Unique technical grains tailor the trim materials, further differentiating the dual-cockpit cabin
05. Three models will be available – F-TYPE, F-TYPE S and the F-TYPE V8 S. They are powered respectively by Jaguar’s new 3.0-litre V6 supercharged petrol engine in 340PS and 380PS outputs and its 5.0-litre V8 supercharged petrol producing 495PS
06. The range-topping F-TYPE V8 S will reach 100 km/h in 4.3 seconds and has a top speed of 300 km/h. The 380PS V6 F-TYPE S will reach 100 km/h in 4.9 seconds and 275 km/h, the equivalent figures for the F-TYPE are 5.3 seconds and 260 km/h
07. All engines drive through an eight-speed ‘Quickshift’ transmission, a centrally mounted SportShift selector offering full manual sequential control, as do the steering wheel-mounted paddles
08. Both the S models have a limited-slip differential – the V6’s mechanical and the V8’s electronic – to maximise traction and driver reward
09. The S models also have a ‘Switchable Active exhaust’ system and a Configurable Dynamics programme. This allows the driver to tailor a number of the dynamic features to personal taste and includes lap timer and G-meter functionality
10. The F-TYPE is constructed around the fourth generation of Jaguar’s acclaimed lightweight aluminium architecture using industry-first technology
11. Torsional and lateral stiffness have been prioritised to maximise handling agility. Around that rigid aluminium structure, every system – steering, brakes, powertrain – has been optimised for immediacy of response to driver inputs
12. All-aluminium double wishbone front and rear suspension systems provide precise body control, with adaptive damping adding a further layer of dynamic capability.
Related Article: Jaguar XK to move further upmarket
Source: Source of News / Quote: Source of News / Quote Source Link Name: Source Link Name Source URL: https://developers.facebook.com/roadmap/#february-2013